For almost three decades, NTR reigned as Telugu Cinema’s matinee idol. With over 320 films to his credit, NTR rose to prominence as an actor par excellence and utterly dominated the genres of folklore and mythology with legendary films like ‘Pathala Bhairavi’, ‘Maya Bazaar’ ‘Dana Veera Soora Karna’,’ Srikrishnarjuna Yuddham’ etc. With his superb performance as Lord Rama and Lord Krishna, he gained mythical status among the Telugu people of his era. NTR was also especially adept at portraying negative characters like Ravana and Duryodhana in a heroic way.
Commercial blockbusters like ‘Sardar Paparayudu’, ‘Missamma’, ‘Gundamma Katha’ , ‘Ramudu – Bheemudu’, ‘Bobbili Puli’, “Vetagadu’ made NTR the darling of the masses. He was also an accomplished director and producer.
NTR will forever remain in the hearts of Telugu people for his peerless services to the Telugu community and for his courage in the face of impossible odds.
Let us take a moment to remember the Legend of Telugu Cinema on his 17th death anniversary.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ala Vaikunthapuramlo’s promotions hitting the right note
- Sye Raa’s latest worldwide collections
- Kamma Rajyamlo Kadapa Reddlu’s trailer gets a release date
- Balayya and his team playing the clever game
- RRR postponement rumors not bothering Rajamouli
- Sandeep Reddy readies a subject for star hero