Touted to be India’s costliest film ever, the Shankar-Rajinikanth combo’s 2.0, a sequel to the duo’s 2010 blockbuster Robo, has already completed a major schedule in Chennai. In the first week of February, the film’s unit will be leaving for Bolivia, the exotic Latin American country. Incidentally, Robo’s shooting was commenced in 2009 in Machu Picchu in Peru, a neighboring country of Bolivia.
Being made with an astonishing budget of nearly 300 crores, 2.0 will feature Hollywood standard visual effects and internationally reputed technicians. Bollywood action star Akshay Kumar will be seen in a negative role, while British beauty Amy Jackson will be playing a robot.
AR Rahman will compose the tunes and Lyca Productions, the banner which will coproduce Chiru’s Kaththi, is producing 2.0.
- Date set for Rajamouli’s son’s wedding
- Sumanth’s next aims at a December release
- Interview : Vijay Devarakonda – Taxiwaala’s leakage made me helpless
- Geetha Govindam registers record TRPs from its TV premiere
- Vijay Devarakonda’s solid statement against piracy sites