Shankar’s 2010 blockbuster starring Rajinikanth, Robo (Enthiran), wrecked all the box-office records down south and even in overseas. The film is also India’s first and most prominent tryst with Artificial Intelligence on screen. Ever since Shankar’s I released early this year, reports about a possible sequel to Robo have been doing rounds.
Even though neither Shankar nor Rajini confirmed the sequel until now, Tamil media circles published several reports saying that the pre-production work was underway and popular writer B Jayamohan was penning the script. The sequel, Enthiran 2, was slated to be launched in 2016.
However, latest reports say that this much awaited film will go on floors in December, 2015 itself. An official confirmation will be given by the makers before the film is launched officially.
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic
- RX100 hero Kartikeya to romance two heroines in Hippi
- Rejected 50 scripts before signing Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai
- Tanish’s film on Bezawada rowdy lands in a controversy