Shankar’s 2010 blockbuster starring Rajinikanth, Robo (Enthiran), wrecked all the box-office records down south and even in overseas. The film is also India’s first and most prominent tryst with Artificial Intelligence on screen. Ever since Shankar’s I released early this year, reports about a possible sequel to Robo have been doing rounds.
Even though neither Shankar nor Rajini confirmed the sequel until now, Tamil media circles published several reports saying that the pre-production work was underway and popular writer B Jayamohan was penning the script. The sequel, Enthiran 2, was slated to be launched in 2016.
However, latest reports say that this much awaited film will go on floors in December, 2015 itself. An official confirmation will be given by the makers before the film is launched officially.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bunny buys a ‘Beast’
- Popular character artiste’s son all set for acting debut
- Is this the big twist in Prabhas’s role in Saaho?
- Rajini’s Darbar fetches a solid amount in overseas
- Jayam Ravi, Taapsee team up for a spy thriller
- Wink girl to debut in Kannada