Bollywood star Saif Ali Khan’s statements on Prabhas’ Adipurush in a recent interview have led to a controversy. Saif, who’s going to play the demon king Lankesh in Adipurush, said that the film’s director Om Raut has humanized Ravan’s character and justified him abducting Sita and his war with lord Rama.
Many Hindu groups, political leaders and Hindus have strongly condemned Saif’s comments. Noticing the unexpected backlash, Saif has now withdrawn his controversial statement. In a press note, Saif said that hurting people’s sentiments was never his intention.
“I would like to sincerely apologise to everybody and withdraw my statement. Lord Ram has always been the symbol of Righteousness and Heroism for me. Adipurush is about celebrating the victory of good over evil and the entire team is working together to present the epic without any distortions,” Saif said, putting an end to the controversy.
Articles that might interest you:
- Latest edition of Special Ops’ gets a title
- Bangaru Bullodu gets good release across Telugu states
- These scenes of Sam’s The Family Man 2 to be the highlight
- 30 Years Prudhvi pins career hopes on this film
- Post Covid – Industry preferring upcoming heroines
- Harika opens up about her ‘organic friendship’ with Abijeet