Sanju, the acclaimed biopic on Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt, has had a fabulous week 1. Released on June 29, Sanju collected Rs 200 crore nett by Thursday from a gross of Rs 263 crores. The film also stands fourth in the list of all-time highest grossing Indian movies in week 1.
Worldwide, Sanju collected Rs 360 crores in its first week run. The film now stands next only to the all-time top 3 movies – Sultan (Rs 395 Cr), Baahubali 2 (Rs 388 Cr) and Dangal (Rs 365 Cr).
Acclaimed filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani directed Sanju, apart from co-producing it with Vidhu Vinod Chopra. Ranbir Kapoor’s superlative performance as Sanjay Dutt has left movie lovers in awe.
- RRR to be wrapped up earlier than expected
- Manmadhudu sequel all set for launch
- Akhil will be one of the finest actors one day: NTR
- Yatra’s director ‘meets & thanks’ YSR
- Mr. Majnu trailer – Youthful and vibrant