On the eve of Tamil star Vijay’s birthday a couple of weeks ago, the makers of the actor’s ongoing political drama, Sarkar, unveiled the film’s first look posters. In one of the posters, Vijay was seen smoking a cigarette.
The poster invited an unwanted controversy, and former Union Health Minister Dr Anbumani Ramadoss and many others had alleged that the actor’s smoking picture will lead many youths towards the perils of smoking.
Recently, Tamil Nadu State Public Health Department issued a notice to Sarkar’s makers, saying that the poster indeed encourages smoking. Within no time, Sarkar’s production house Sun Pictures withdrew the controversial poster from their social media pages.
Keerthy Suresh is the leading lady in this highly-anticipated Diwali political drama. AR Murugadoss is the director and AR Rahman is the film’s music composer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu Arjun to grace MEB’s grand success celebrations
- Vishwak Sen- Gaami’s announcement video is quite inter
- Box Office fate of Dussehra releases
- Poll : Which aspect of Most Eligible Bachelor impressed you the most?
- Bigg Boss 5 – Tense nominations once again
- Latest – Shyam Singh Roy’s release date is here