In February, Malayalam teen sensation Priya Prakash Varrier earned nationwide fame when the super hit song Manikya Malaraya Poovi was released on YouTube. However, with fame, came in a lot of unwanted headache for Priya.
Several members of the Muslim community had filed an FIR with the Falaknama Police in Hyderabad, alleging that the Manikya Malaraya Poovi song in Oru Adaar Love hurts their religious sentiments. Priya and the film’s director Omar Lulu moved the Supreme Court, requesting a stay on the FIR.
Priya and Omar had also clarified that the Manikya Malaraya Poovi song has been popular in Kerala for the last 4 decades and that the song only praises the love between the Prophet Mohamed and his first wife Khadeeja.
This morning, much to their relief, the Supreme Court quashed the criminal proceedings against Priya and the filmmakers. The apex court also said that No complaint would be entertained against the actress or the filmmakers because of picturization of this song.
Articles that might interest you:
- Hectic schedules ahead for Mahesh Babu?
- Top Tollywood producers meet YS Jagan
- Star hero announces sequel to his hit film
- Star heroine in talks to romance Mahesh in Chiru-Koratala film?
- Naga Ashwin gives a crazy update on Prabhas’ film
- Shankar pens a heartfelt message for Indian 2 accident victims