In February, Malayalam teen sensation Priya Prakash Varrier earned nationwide fame when the super hit song Manikya Malaraya Poovi was released on YouTube. However, with fame, came in a lot of unwanted headache for Priya.
Several members of the Muslim community had filed an FIR with the Falaknama Police in Hyderabad, alleging that the Manikya Malaraya Poovi song in Oru Adaar Love hurts their religious sentiments. Priya and the film’s director Omar Lulu moved the Supreme Court, requesting a stay on the FIR.
Priya and Omar had also clarified that the Manikya Malaraya Poovi song has been popular in Kerala for the last 4 decades and that the song only praises the love between the Prophet Mohamed and his first wife Khadeeja.
This morning, much to their relief, the Supreme Court quashed the criminal proceedings against Priya and the filmmakers. The apex court also said that No complaint would be entertained against the actress or the filmmakers because of picturization of this song.
Articles that might interest you:
- Telugu Review : The Lion King
- FDFS : Highlights from iSmart Shankar
- Young actress sells off car, rents a flat to lead a simple life
- Two young actresses join Bharatheeyudu 2
- When Dhruv refused to shoot in front of Chiyaan Vikram
- Naveen Polishetty is in talks for 4 projects