Senior film, TV and theatre actor and renowned acting guru Deekshithulu (62) passed away due to heart attack this evening. Deekshithulu breathed his last in Nacharam, Hyderabad. He was a relative of popular comedian and writer Uttej. He was the head of the well known acting school Akkineni Institute of Media Acting at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad.
Deekshithulu was born Deevi Srinivasa Deekshithulu in Repalle, Guntur, in 1956. He pursued his Diploma in Theatre Arts at the AP Theatre Institute and Repertory. He performed in several iconic plays like Sakunthalam, Harischandra and Keelu Bommalu and also directed Gograhanam, Kokkoroko and Waiting For Godot etc. He was popular for his roles in movies such as Murari, Indra, Tagore, Varsham and Athadu etc.
123Telugu.com expresses deepest condolences to the bereaved family.
Articles that might interest you:
- Actor reluctant to play Power Star in RGV film
- Vijay Sethupathi to dominate Vijay in Master?
- Ram Gopal Varma trashes Coronavirus rumors
- Exclusive Interview : Satyadev- My best is yet to come
- Sharwanand to have 6 releases in 2 years
- This star director to be interrogated in Sushanth Singh’s death