Senior film, TV and theatre actor and renowned acting guru Deekshithulu (62) passed away due to heart attack this evening. Deekshithulu breathed his last in Nacharam, Hyderabad. He was a relative of popular comedian and writer Uttej. He was the head of the well known acting school Akkineni Institute of Media Acting at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad.
Deekshithulu was born Deevi Srinivasa Deekshithulu in Repalle, Guntur, in 1956. He pursued his Diploma in Theatre Arts at the AP Theatre Institute and Repertory. He performed in several iconic plays like Sakunthalam, Harischandra and Keelu Bommalu and also directed Gograhanam, Kokkoroko and Waiting For Godot etc. He was popular for his roles in movies such as Murari, Indra, Tagore, Varsham and Athadu etc.
123Telugu.com expresses deepest condolences to the bereaved family.
Articles that might interest you:
- Raashi Khanna’s song to up the buzz for Pratiroju Pandage
- Rashimika’s new song from Sarileru Neekevvaru is an instant hit
- Vote now : 9th 123telugu Readers Choice Awards – Most Popular Hero of 2019
- Ruler completes censor, said for a big release
- Vedhika reveals how Balayya helped her in difficult times
- Pawan gives limited dates to Pink remake