Senior film, TV and theatre actor and renowned acting guru Deekshithulu (62) passed away due to heart attack this evening. Deekshithulu breathed his last in Nacharam, Hyderabad. He was a relative of popular comedian and writer Uttej. He was the head of the well known acting school Akkineni Institute of Media Acting at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad.
Deekshithulu was born Deevi Srinivasa Deekshithulu in Repalle, Guntur, in 1956. He pursued his Diploma in Theatre Arts at the AP Theatre Institute and Repertory. He performed in several iconic plays like Sakunthalam, Harischandra and Keelu Bommalu and also directed Gograhanam, Kokkoroko and Waiting For Godot etc. He was popular for his roles in movies such as Murari, Indra, Tagore, Varsham and Athadu etc.
123Telugu.com expresses deepest condolences to the bereaved family.
Articles that might interest you:
- Upasana chosen as WWF India’s Ambassador
- RRR- Rajamouli to keep mum on the release date?
- Poll : What’s your take on the teaser of Ashok Galla’s Hero?
- Mahesh Babu launches teaser of Ashok Galla’s ‘HERO’
- Varsha Bollamma from Stand Up Rahul looks cool
- Nani makes special plans to wrap up Shyam Singha Roy