Senior film, TV and theatre actor and renowned acting guru Deekshithulu (62) passed away due to heart attack this evening. Deekshithulu breathed his last in Nacharam, Hyderabad. He was a relative of popular comedian and writer Uttej. He was the head of the well known acting school Akkineni Institute of Media Acting at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad.
Deekshithulu was born Deevi Srinivasa Deekshithulu in Repalle, Guntur, in 1956. He pursued his Diploma in Theatre Arts at the AP Theatre Institute and Repertory. He performed in several iconic plays like Sakunthalam, Harischandra and Keelu Bommalu and also directed Gograhanam, Kokkoroko and Waiting For Godot etc. He was popular for his roles in movies such as Murari, Indra, Tagore, Varsham and Athadu etc.
123Telugu.com expresses deepest condolences to the bereaved family.
Articles that might interest you:
- Varisu: Ranjithame continues to conquer Youtube
- Stunner: Drishyam 2 registers unprecedented growth on second Saturday
- Mahesh Babu – Krishna Garu will always stay in our hearts
- Buzz: Vijay’s next is an adaptation of this Hollywood movie
- Mega producer confirms the re-release of Orange
- Nayanthara’s Gold locks its OTT partner