Senior actor-filmmaker Madala Rangarao, popularly known as Red Star, passed away this morning at 4:40 AM after prolonged illness. Madala Rangarao was suffering from heart related ailments and he was admitted to a private hospital in Hyderabad on May 19. He underwent a heart surgery last year following a heart attack.
Madala Rangarao acted in and produced several progressive movies with leftist ideologies in the 80s. Yuvatharam Kadilindi, Erra Mallelu, Mahaprasthanam and Praja Sakthi are some of his acclaimed movies. He was closely associated with the Praja Natya Mandali and the Communist Party of India.
AP CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and several members of the Telugu film fraternity condoled Madala Rangarao’s demise.
- Manikarnika’s trailer to be out soon
- Akhil’s Mr Majnu seals its release date
- Poll: What did you think of F2’s teaser?
- Stage set for NTR’s trailer and audio launch
- F2 teaser- Looks solid fun