Released in 2003, Tamil star Vikram’s mass action entertainer, Saamy, turned out to be a solid blockbuster and even gave Vikram a huge mass following. This film was directed by mass entertainers’ specialist Hari.
During the audio launch event of Vikram’s latest film, Iru Mugan, Hari revealed that he and Vikram will again join forces for Saamy’s sequel. The director also said that they had planned to do the sequel earlier but the film never went on floors.
Saamy 2 may go to the sets later this year. Vikram will once again be seen as a loud-mouthed police officer.
- Nizam collections: F2 fares well; VVR into deficits
- Puri Jagannadh-Ram’s iSmart Shankar launched
- Kalyan Ram-Virinchi work on rural drama
- Nagarjuna and Chay to share screen space yet again?
- F2 all set to enter 100 crore club