Ever since the country went into a lockdown, so much changed in the world of entertainment. The OTT platforms saw a new boom and so much work is being done online now.
The creators also got a good chance to showcase some bold content without any tension of the censor troubles. So much bold content has been showcased in the last few months in various web series, films and chat shows.
But all this creativity has now been cut off with today’s announcement. The Information and broadcasting ministry has now taken control of this content from now on.
The latest update is that online platforms like Youtube channels, websites, OTT platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar & other OTT platforms will now be regulated by the I&B ministry.
This means that the bold and controversial content will be monitored and edited from now on. The announcement will surely make the responsible parents happy but the content creators will feel disappointed.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan Kalyan recovering; Urges people to be more cautious about COVID
- Aditi Rao Hydari stuns everyone with her Netflix film
- Interesting buzz on Akhil Akkineni’s next project
- Praveen Sattaru reveals major details about Nagarjuna’s next
- Top OTT platform acquires Balayya’s Akhanda
- Bigg Boss Sohel signs noted producer’s next