Siddharth will be playing the role of a popular singer S G Kittappa in his upcoming bilingual film in Vasanthabalan’s direction. The film is titled as Kaaviya Thalaivan in Tamil and the Telugu title hasn’t been confirmed yet. The story is set in 1920s and it’s inspired from the lives of singers S G Kittappa and his wife K.B. Sundarambal, who was one of the most popular actresses in per-independence era.
Apparently, Vasanthabalan, who had previously made Shopping Mall and Ekaveera, was so intrigued by the story of Kittappa and Sundarambal that he decided to adapt their lives on big screen. Incidentally, this is going to be Siddharth’s first period film. The film is expected to hit the floors later this year. A R Rahman will score the music. His next film is Something…Something which will release in June and after that he’ll begin shooting for Karthik Subbaraj’s next film.
- Legendary composer’s musical night to raise funds
- Superstar extends support to Mr. Majnu
- Keeravaani praises Thaman for his latest chartbuster
- Vikram’s Saamy completes censor; All set for Sep 21 release
- Will Nani team up with Brahmotsavam director?