With films like Dangal, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, and Secret Superstar doing extremely well at the box-office in China, the Indian film industry has slowly begun to make inroads in this crucial market. For a long time, traditional foreign markets like USA, Canada, UK, Gulf, Australia have been the focus areas for filmmakers all over India; however, Siddharth has urged the South Indian Film Industry to focus even more on foriegn markets.
Soon after news broke out that Hindi Medium was off to a flying start in China, Siddharth said, “Yes this is great news, but it’s crucial South Indian Cinema starts to address international audiences now! Else Indian Cinema will be hijacked by Bollywood yet again. There’s no reason for the Chinese to put Mumbai cinema above the rest of India…Yet!”
Incidentally, Baahubali 2 has become a huge hit in Japan, whereas Rangasthalam is doing extremely well in the US, Australia and several other markets. It remains to be seen if South Indian filmmakers come up with a different strategy to increase their footprint in foreign markets in near future.
- Ali lands a crucial role in Hindi biggie
- Jersey’s first day AP/TG collections
- Poll : Which of these two films impressed you the most?
- Shraddha Srinath – The actress to watch out for
- Krishna Day 1: Jersey, Kanchana 3 & Majili fight an equal battle
- Review : Jersey – Emotion at its best