With films like Dangal, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, and Secret Superstar doing extremely well at the box-office in China, the Indian film industry has slowly begun to make inroads in this crucial market. For a long time, traditional foreign markets like USA, Canada, UK, Gulf, Australia have been the focus areas for filmmakers all over India; however, Siddharth has urged the South Indian Film Industry to focus even more on foriegn markets.
Soon after news broke out that Hindi Medium was off to a flying start in China, Siddharth said, “Yes this is great news, but it’s crucial South Indian Cinema starts to address international audiences now! Else Indian Cinema will be hijacked by Bollywood yet again. There’s no reason for the Chinese to put Mumbai cinema above the rest of India…Yet!”
Incidentally, Baahubali 2 has become a huge hit in Japan, whereas Rangasthalam is doing extremely well in the US, Australia and several other markets. It remains to be seen if South Indian filmmakers come up with a different strategy to increase their footprint in foreign markets in near future.
Articles that might interest you:
- After cop, Rajasekhar to play a lawyer and professor
- Actresses in commercial films don’t have to act dumb all the time: Raashi
- Sandeep Madhav reveals his hard work for George Reddy’s role
- Prathi Roju Pandage’s core plot is sure to tug at your heartstrings
- Mahesh, Allu Arjun have an admirer in this Bollywood star
- Yet another Telugu girl to try her luck this week