Few days ago, we had reported that the Tamil Nadu State Public Health Department issued a notice to Sarkar’s makers over a poster which had Vijay smoking. While the makers removed the poster immediately from social media, the issue hasn’t come to an end, yet. The latest to come out in support of Vijay is none other than Simbu, and also his father and popular actor T Rajendhar.
In a recent interaction with the media, T Rajendhar opined that Vijay is being repeatedly targeted for one reason or another, and questioned whether it’s because he’s a Tamilian. “I’m totally in favour of actors promoting good habits and encouraging their fans to follow the same. However, there is something different about Sarkar issue. Instead of asking actors to stop glorifying smoking on screen, why can’t the government ban tobacco completely?,” he asked.
The bigger surprise was T Rajendhar’s son Simbu, who announced that he’s ready for a public debate with former union health minister Anbumani Ramadoss. Simbu said he’s ready to discuss the issue of politicians targeting films and actors repeatedly under the guise of wrongly influencing the public. Obviously, the move has earned him a lot of appreciation from Vijay’s fans; however, it’s a million dollar question if Ramadoss will accept the challenge or not.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rishi Kapoor’s last film to release on this date
- Teaser for Thala Ajith’s Valimai to be out on this special day?
- Vijay Sethupathi’s face-off with Bollywood hunk in Master’s Hindi remake?
- Manchu hero’s post on Mahesh Babu’s charming looks leaves fans touched
- Allu Sirish coming up with something big and trendy
- First look of Varun Tej’s boxing drama gets a launch date