Released on 7th August, Mahesh Babu’s latest blockbuster family entertainer, Srimanthudu, completes its 50 day run today. The film, laced with an important social message of village adoption, has been termed an all-time second highest grossing Telugu film. As per the film’s producers, Srimanthudu is still running in close to 185 theaters across the Telugu states.
Written and directed by Koratala Siva, Srimanthudu brought in a fresh lease of life for big budget commercial films, with its clever mix of art and commerce. In Mahesh Babu’s words, Srimanthudu is the best film in his career. The film also launched two successful production companies, G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. Ltd and Mythri Movie Makers.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sai Tej’s heroine in Nagarjuna’s Wild Dog
- Tamannaah reveals her dream role
- Mysskin’s Psycho to release in Telugu soon
- Crazy rumour makes waves in Kollywood
- Prabhas, Pooja Hegde chemistry to be a highlight in #Prabhas20
- Is this the release date of Venky’s Naarappa?