Bellamkonda Sai Sreenivas, Pooja Hegde starrer Saakshyam opened to good numbers at the box office and director Sriwass is quite happy with the response so far. The film was praised for its unique concept and high voltage action sequences; however, there was a fair share of criticism about excessive violence in the film.
When asked about the bloodshed in the opening segment of the film, Sriwass addressed the criticism saying, “It was quite intentional. Saakshyam is a film where the nature has to take revenge for the injustice and massacre of an entire family. Unless it’s quite brutal, the emotion won’t be that strong. Besides, a lot of violence is quite suggestive and audience will end up imagining a lot more than what’s shown in the film.”
The film was produced by Abhishek Nama, and Eros International banner bought the rights of the film just before the release. Harshavardhan Rameshwar scored the music for this action drama.
- Idam Jagath’s suspense-filled teaser unveiled by YS Jagan
- Former heroine’s strict no to ‘mother’ roles
- AP government’s sops for Tollywood filmmakers
- Leading south hero donates Rs 70 lakhs for Kerala flood relief
- Nayanthara’s latest hit ‘CoCo’ all set for Telugu release