Actress Varalaxmi Sarathkumar, daughter of actor Sarathkumar, has called for concrete steps to put an end to the practice of casting couch in the industry. The actress has addressed the issue in the past and this time, in an interview, she said that it’s still an issue which shouldn’t be brushed aside.
When she was asked about the biggest issue that women face in film industry, the actress said, “Casting couch still exists in the industry and it needs to be eliminated. It’s because of this problem that a lot of people don’t get fair chances in movies.”
The actress will soon be seen in AR Murugadoss-Vijay’s upcoming film, apart from Maari 2.
Articles that might interest you:
- Digital rights of Nani’s ‘V’ sold-Tocoime out this time?
- Daily new twists in Sushanth’s case but no clarity
- Akhil’s next with star director to kick-start in Feb?
- Sadak 2 trailer launch postponed after Sanjay Dutt’s cancer diagnosis
- Vijay’s tweet for Mahesh Babu goes viral
- Bollywood actor in Balayya’s next?