Everytime someone from the film industry announces their political entry, it is a ritual that his or her close friends and family members come out in support of them and even campaign on their behalf in the run up to elections. Recently, actors like Ram Charan, Varun Tej, Allu Arjun came out in support of Pawan Kalyan and Naga Babu. In Tamil Nadu too, several actors extended their support to their friends and relatives who made a similar foray into politics.
However, Shruti Haasan was nowhere to be seen when her father, Kamal Haasan was campaigning for the elections. Incidentally, she didn’t even use the social media platforms to urge voters to support her father.
In a recent interview, when she was asked why she stayed away from campaigning, Shruti said, “Me waving my hands and saying, ‘Vote for my dad’ is not the right way to support him. I neither have the experience nor the knowledge. And I think we have had enough of that. I definitely don’t want to join that bandwagon. Having said that, ever since dad joined politics, I’ve been reading up a lot on it. I have been following it a lot more because I want to understand his world. And it is a different world. And I try to support in any way a daughter can.”
Currently, the actress is shooting for her next Tamil film, Laabham, in which she is paired opposite Vijay Sethupathi.
Articles that might interest you:
- Trailer for Rakul, Vaishnav Tej’s Kondapolam gets a date
- Two noted heroines to sizzle in Nag’s Bangaraju
- Love Story’s latest US collections – In no mood to slow down
- Poll : Which aspect of Love Story impressed you the most?
- Upasana posts an adorable picture – Calls it Most Precious
- Bigg Boss 5 – This contestant creating a solid jealousy angle among ladies