Malayalam star Fahadh Fasil was arrested by the Crime Branch wing of Kerala Police in Trivandrum today for alleged tax evasion. The actor was later released on bail after the cops recorded his statement in connection with the illegal registration of his luxury cars using forged documents in Pondicherry.
According to the reports, Fahadh had evaded 20% tax in Kerala by registering his luxury cars in Pondicherry. The estimated loss to the state exchequer is said to be more than Rs. 20 lakhs.
Around a couple of months ago, similar cases were registered against popular actress Amala Paul and senior Malayali actor turned BJP MP Suresh Gopi.
Articles that might interest you:
- Don’t compare Baahubali with Saaho-Sujeeth
- Megastar Chiranjeevi impressed with young musician
- For now, Harish Shankar clears all doubts
- Sad-This actress has no films in her career
- Kiara Advani to act in yet another web film
- Disha Patani breaks up with boyfriend?