Malayalam star Fahadh Fasil was arrested by the Crime Branch wing of Kerala Police in Trivandrum today for alleged tax evasion. The actor was later released on bail after the cops recorded his statement in connection with the illegal registration of his luxury cars using forged documents in Pondicherry.
According to the reports, Fahadh had evaded 20% tax in Kerala by registering his luxury cars in Pondicherry. The estimated loss to the state exchequer is said to be more than Rs. 20 lakhs.
Around a couple of months ago, similar cases were registered against popular actress Amala Paul and senior Malayali actor turned BJP MP Suresh Gopi.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika’s cute intro for Sarileru’s ‘He’s So Cute’ song goes viral
- Virata Parvam’s superb poster out on Rana’s birthday
- Raashi Khanna has no time to rest
- Buzz picking up for Pratiroju Pandage
- Mattu Vadalara’s unique promotions become a talking point
- Venky Mama opens to solid occupancy all over