Released in 1992, legendary Tamil thespian Sivaji Ganesan and stalwart actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s Thevar Magan turned out to be a blockbuster at the box-office and also attained cult status. The Bharatan directorial was India’s official entry at the Oscars. The film released in Telugu as Kshatriya Putrudu and ended up as a huge success in the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh.
Now, over 3 decades after the film’s release, Kamal Haasan is planning a sequel to Thevar Magan. Apparently, Kamal will be penning the script for the movie and acclaimed Malayalam filmmaker Mahesh Narayanan of Take Off, C U Soon and Malik fame will be directing it.
What’s interesting is that Mollywood star Fahadh Faasil, who is playing a lead role in Kamal Haasan’s Vikram, will once again share screen space with the Kollywood legend in Kshatriya Putrudu sequel. A formal announcement regarding this crazy project is awaited.
Articles that might interest you:
- Blockbuster beach fight in NTR30?
- Salaar enters final leg of shoot
- Mahesh Babu working round the clock for SSMB28
- Janhvi Kapoor prioritised NTR30 above all
- Clash of the titans for Dussehra?
- Blockbuster Writer Padmabhushan brings huge profits to makers