Released in 1992, legendary Tamil thespian Sivaji Ganesan and stalwart actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s Thevar Magan turned out to be a blockbuster at the box-office and also attained cult status. The Bharatan directorial was India’s official entry at the Oscars. The film released in Telugu as Kshatriya Putrudu and ended up as a huge success in the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh.
Now, over 3 decades after the film’s release, Kamal Haasan is planning a sequel to Thevar Magan. Apparently, Kamal will be penning the script for the movie and acclaimed Malayalam filmmaker Mahesh Narayanan of Take Off, C U Soon and Malik fame will be directing it.
What’s interesting is that Mollywood star Fahadh Faasil, who is playing a lead role in Kamal Haasan’s Vikram, will once again share screen space with the Kollywood legend in Kshatriya Putrudu sequel. A formal announcement regarding this crazy project is awaited.
Articles that might interest you:
- Love Story is a game changer for Naga Chaitanya: Mahesh Babu
- Won’t tolerate if Tollywood is targeted, Pawan Kalyan tells AP government
- Post Tuck Jagadish Shiva Nirvana gets back to his strength
- Here’s why Mahesh turned down Shankar’s 3 Idiots remake
- Poll : Which aspect of Love Story impressed you the most?
- Bigg Boss: Anchor Ravi is as handsome as Mahesh Babu, says TikTok star