Recently, a video of Super Star Rajinikanth’s fans sacrificing a live goat and offering a “bloodbath” to Rajini’s Annaatthe’s first look poster went viral on social media. Needless to say, fans’ sycophancy invited severe criticism from all quarters. Even Rajini’s official fan club, Akila India Rajinikanth Rasigar Mandram, issued a statement to condemn the disturbing act by a few fans.
Now, these overenthusiastic fans have landed in serious trouble. Apparently, PETA India’s Tamil Nadu team is working with the local police to get an FIR filed against Rajini’s fans. According to PETA, killing an animal outside a licensed slaughterhouse violates the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Slaughter House) Rules, 2001. Any such act will be punishable under Section 429 of the IPC.
Annaatthe, also featuring Nayanthara and Keerthy Suresh as female leads, is being directed by Siva and produced under Sun Pictures banner. The film is slated for release on November 4, as a Diwali festive treat.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pushpa promotions to hit the top gear
- Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan all smiles at a wedding
- Fans disappointed with India’s first ever defeat to Pakistan in World Cup
- Memorable day for Rajinikanth and Dhanush fans tomorrow
- Allu Arjun watches India vs Pak match with his kids
- Sunil, Anasuya team up for an action entertainer