Superstar Rajinikanth has called off his trip to Jaffna, Sri Lanka where he was supposed to attend the inauguration of 150 houses built for displaced Tamils by the Gnanam Foundation, a part of Lyca Productions. Ever since news broke out about Rajini’s visit to Sri Lanka, he has been under immense public and political pressure to call off the visit.
In a public statement, Rajinikanth stated that he wanted to visit Sri Lanka to go to the place “where so many people had fought for their rights and had shed their blood and breathe the same air that they had breathed.” And the other reason was to express his grief to Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena on the issue of Tamilian fishermen being imprisoned by the Sri Lankan navy in Bay Of Bengal.
Pointing out that politicians like VCK’s Thol Thirumavalavan, the MDMK’s Vaiko and the Tamilar Vazhvu Urimai Katchi’s Velmurugan had asked him to not visit Sri Lanka, Rajinikanth added, “The next time I plan to visit the neighbouring country, I hope my plans aren’t politicised the same way.”
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which of these heroines is planning her career well?
- Interview – Navin Polishetty- I am super confident about Agent Sai Srinivas Athreya
- Tamannah thanks Omkar for Raju Gari Gadhi 3
- Noted critic’s U-Turn on Prabhas & Saaho
- Samantha the actress winning applause for Oh Baby
- Confirmed-Chay-Shekhar Kammula’s film from September