Released on this day in 1967, Superstar Krishna’s iconic yesteryear film and Tollywood’s first ever spy thriller, Gudachari 116, has completed its golden jubilee today. This film stands as a true testimony to Krishna’s penchant for introducing new genres to Tollywood in those days.
Gudachari 116 also stars the current Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and yesteryear heroine J Jayalalithaa and legendary hero Sobhan Babu in pivotal roles. The film was directed by M Mallikharjuna Rao, while famous production houses Vauhini Studios and Prasad Studios produced it jointly.
- After AAA, Ileana returns to Bollywood
- 2.0 to have a free run with less competition
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?
- Tanish confident of Rangu’s success
- Former heroine’s Tollywood comeback after 8 years