It is known that Kollywood star Suriya’s critically acclaimed biopic, Soorarai Pottru (Aakaasam Nee Hadduraa in Telugu), has been mired in legal issues ever since the film’s Bollywood remake was announced a couple of months ago. One of the film’s Tamil version’s co-producers at Shikhya Entertainment had approached the Madras High Court, alleging that Suriya’s 2D Entertainment production house is illegally remaking Soorarai Pottru in Hindi in association with Abundantia Entertainment.
Shikhya Entertainment further alleged that it owns the copyright to the S’imply Fly’ book based on Captain Gopinath, the aviation czar at Air Deccan who inspired Soorarai Pottru. In turn, Suriya’s 2D Entertainment had filed a writ petition at Madras High Court.
After several hearings, a bench at Madras HC has finally cleared Suriya’s production house from the legal hassle, thereby allowing Soorarai Pottru to be remade in Hindi. Akshay Kumar is rumored to be in talks to reprise Suriya’s role from the Tamil original, while Sudha Kongara will be directing it.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Gully Rowdy’ Movie ?
- Review : Maestro – Crime drama with a twist
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Maestro’ Movie?
- Bandla Ganesh’s film as hero gets a title
- Venky and Varun’s F3 resumes shoot in Hyderabad
- Rana’s ‘Blitz of Daniel Shekar’ from Bheemla Nayak gets a date