Actor Suriya surely has had a tough-luck when it comes to his films in the last couple of years, especially in Telugu where his market has plummeted big time! Now, the latest is that one of the films that he was supposed to start shooting for is in soup, given a plagiarism row!
Just a few days ago it was announced that Suriya and popular Tamil director Vetri Maaran are set to come together for a film that would be produced by Kalaipuli S. Thanu. To be titled Vaadi Vaasal, it was reportedly based on a novel written by CS Chelliah. The story revolves around Jallikattu and rights of the film had been purchased as well.
However, just before the shooting could have started, problems have begun! A person called Puvi has now come forward to say that he had written a script titled Vaadi Vaasal and claims that he narrated the story to Suriya half a decade ago and that the actor even gave a nod after suggesting some changes. However, it was shelved!
Puvi has alleged that Vetri Maaran’s script is based on what he had written and levied shocking plagiarism charges. A response hasn’t come from any of the team! It is to be seen if anything will transpire here.
Articles that might interest you:
- Latest update on SP Balasubramanyam’s funeral
- SPB’s death is a dark day for Indian cinema-Chiranjeevi
- SPB Departs: Devastated Tollywood mourns its beloved son’s loss
- Anushka Sharma slams senior cricketer for his cheap comments
- Poll : What was your biggest fear during this lockdown?
- Predict : CSK VS DC-Who will win today’s IPL match?