In this season of biopics, a film based on the glorious achievements of Hyderabadi cricket champ Mithali Raj only seems justified. Mithali Raj was the Captain of the Indian women’s cricket team that reached the finals of the ICC Women’s ODI World Cup a couple of years ago.
In a latest interview, actress Taapsee opened up about being approached for the film on Mithali Raj. Although she is yet to sign on the dotted line, Taapsee is quite excited about playing Mithali on the big screen.
“I have never played cricket and I am looking forward to the challenge. I have been following Mithali ever since she asked why women cricketers are always asked about their favourite male cricketers and not vice versa. That remark has stayed with me,” Taapsee said in her interaction with a popular English daily.
Mithali Raj is the highest run-scorer in women’s cricket and the only woman cricketer to breach the 6,000 run mark in ODIs. She is also a winner of the coveted Arjuna and Padma Shri awards. Viacom18 Motion Pictures will produce the movie. More details about the film’s director and other cast and crew members will be revealed soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- NTR shells out a whopping amount for his Lamborghini registration
- Kamal Haasan to kick-start Bigg Boss Tamil 5 on this date
- Bigg Boss girl buys a classy new car
- Mahesh Babu’s luncheon with Sitara; Namrata gives a glimpse
- Talk- Vijay’s Beast pushed ahead to summer 2022
- Mahesh-Trivikram to start with this aspect?