Actress Taapsee is quite furious with the unnecessary controversy surrounding her latest Bollywood romance drama, Manmarziyaan. Several Sikh groups have been protesting against the scenes that showed two Sikh characters (Abhishek Bachchan and Taapsee Pannu) smoking cigarettes and entering a gurudwara dressed as bride and groom while the bride is thinking of her former boyfriend.
Following the protests, Manmarziyaan producers deleted the ‘controversial’ scenes without the film’s director Anurag Kashyap’s approval. This seems to have deeply angered Taapsee. She took to Twitter and vented out her angst in a no holds barred chat session with her followers.
Adding to her woes, a person asked Taapsee if she will marry him and Taapsee’s epic reply left everyone amused. “Only if u r sure people will not protest when we get married in a gurudwara and I might be thinking about my past at a given moment,” Taapsee replied.
Only if u r sure people will not protest when we get married in a gurudwara and I might be thinking about my past at a given moment. https://t.co/zw3QaFqOga
— taapsee pannu (@taapsee) September 20, 2018
Articles that might interest you:
- Balakrishna heaps praises for Mahesh Babu
- Faria Abdullah grooves to AR Rahman’s song – Reel goes viral
- Maruthi opens up about his film with Prabhas
- Nagarjuna talks about comments on Naga Chaitanya-Samantha’s divorce
- Sarkaru Vaari Paata Super Musical destruction loading
- Akhanda shatters previous OTT records – Becomes the highest viewed Telugu film