It looks like Taapsee is all set to make a big splash, yet again, with her upcoming Hindi film, Thappad. The film, directed by Anubhav Sinha, deals with the emotional trauma that a woman goes through after her husband slaps her, and how it tears apart their relationship. Pavail Gulati has played Taapsee’s husband in this drama.
For the past few days, Taapsee and Anubhav Sinha have been screening the film to select few audiences and critics in several across North India. While renowned journalist, Barkha Dutt is said to have cried after watching the film, another top critic, Anupama Chopra said, “Thappad is disturbing, insightful and deeply moving. The story isn’t about one man or one woman. It indicts all of us and that is this film’s power.”
Incidentally, Taapsee had previously worked with Anubhav Sinha in Mulk and the duo have expressed their interest to collaborate for more films in near future. With such glowing reviews coming her way ahead of the film’s release, Taapsee is confident that the film, which is releasing on February 28, will impress the audience as well.
Articles that might interest you:
- FNCC and Mahesh Babu’s sister donate for Coronavirus relief
- Allu Arjun joins pan-India bandwagon with Pushpa
- Chiru’s touching b’day wishes for Akhil and Akira
- Ramya Krishna’s bold role in much awaited remake?
- Poll : What did you like about Pushpa’s first look?
- Nuvvu Baagundaalabbaa: Chiru wishes Allu Arjun