Star heroine Tamannaah is finally called as Milky Beauty by her fans and a section of media. However, the actress says she hates to be addressed that way and believes that the obsession for fair skin is overrated and the social hierarchies based on skin colour need to be debunked.
“It’s high time the film industry starts rejecting the fairer beauty standard and this deep rooted, internalised racism. There needs to be a sense of inclusivity even when it comes to colour and not just gender and caste,” said Tamannaah in a latest interview with a leading English daily. She also said that the unfairness of a standard which holds fair skin as the ideal is a dangerous cultural obsession.
Tamannaah also revealed that she had been tanned to 10 shades darker and almost every time she had two different make-up kits on sets of Sye Raa and Devi 2.
Articles that might interest you:
- Alia Bhatt prioritises RRR above all
- Juicy update on Nani’s ‘Meet Cute’
- Photo Moment: Mahesh Babu wishes Koratala Siva with a super cool picture
- Producer locked for Boyapati-Suriya film?
- Goodachari stunt masters for star hero’s next?
- Raashi Khanna turns psycho killer for her next?