Today, several trade bodies of Tamil film industry went on a one day strike against the anarchic ways of leading digital film projection companies UFO and Qube. All the who’s who of several trade bodies and film associations like Tamil Film Producer’s Council, South Indian Film Artistes’ Association, FEFSI and Tamil film Directors’ Association took part in the protests.
Speaking on the occasion, leading Tamil producer and distributor Kalaipuli S Thanu said that the officials at UFO and Qube are exploiting the film producers with heavy charges for screening in theaters across Tmail Nadu. Not stopping here, these projection companies have been attaching ad films from third parties without the consent of the producers.
Condemning this monopoly, the protesting bodies warned that the entire film industry will go on a huge strike and there will be no film screenings from 12th May, if the current system is not reformed.
Articles that might interest you:
- Samantha goes all out for web series debut
- Update on Kshanam director’s next
- Kajal upset with 25 censor cuts for Queen’s remake
- Valmiki’s ultra mass Jarra Jarra enthralls music lovers
- Prabhas’ honest confession about his drawback
- Saaho clears censor; All set for a massive release