Valmiki, the official remake of the cult Tamil gangster comedy, Jigarthanda, had its inaugural ceremony last month. Varun Tej reprises Bobby Simha’s role in the Telugu version, which will be directed by Harish Shankar.
Now, if the latest reports are anything to go by, young Telugu actress Eesha Rebba has been in talks for heroine’s role in Valmiki. Apparently, Harish Shankar will take the final call regarding the film’s leading lady in a few days time.
Until recently, Kannada actress Rashmika Mandanna’s name was prominently heard for the lead actress’ role. Young Tamil actress Lakshmi Menon had played Siddharth’s love interest in Jigarthanda. Also, name of the actor who will reprise Siddharth’s role is yet to be announced. Ram Achanta and Gopi Achanta are jointly producing the film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Problems continue for Boyapati-Balayya film
- Japanese fans go gaga over Prabhas in Saaho
- KGF Chapter 2 enters last leg of shooting
- Pooja Hegde’s keen interest beyond acting is impressive
- Happening young beauty to romance NTR?
- Box-office records are temporary: Allu Arjun on AVPL’s success