Valmiki, the official remake of the cult Tamil gangster comedy, Jigarthanda, had its inaugural ceremony last month. Varun Tej reprises Bobby Simha’s role in the Telugu version, which will be directed by Harish Shankar.
Now, if the latest reports are anything to go by, young Telugu actress Eesha Rebba has been in talks for heroine’s role in Valmiki. Apparently, Harish Shankar will take the final call regarding the film’s leading lady in a few days time.
Until recently, Kannada actress Rashmika Mandanna’s name was prominently heard for the lead actress’ role. Young Tamil actress Lakshmi Menon had played Siddharth’s love interest in Jigarthanda. Also, name of the actor who will reprise Siddharth’s role is yet to be announced. Ram Achanta and Gopi Achanta are jointly producing the film.
Articles that might interest you:
- FDFS : Live Updates from Bandobast
- FDFS : Highlights from Gaddhalakonda Ganesh
- Harish Shankar distraught over Valmiki’s title change
- Star DP’s daughter in talks for Vijay’s next?
- Nithiin’s reprise of Vijay Sethupathi in Valmiki raises curiosity
- Bollywood superstar lauds Sye Raa’s trailer