While Superstar Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabaali’ is setting social media on fire, the film may run into a bit of trouble in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. A group of distributors, who lost a lot of money with ‘Vikramasimha’ (Telugu version of Kochadaiyaan) have filed a complaint in the Film Chamber.
Apparently, the Telugu distributors were promised a sum of 7 Crores in refunds. But the funds reportedly never arrived. The distributors are planning to stall the release of ‘Kabaali’ until they get their dues back. They are also planning to send a petition to Rajinikanth, seeking his intervention in the matter.
So far, the Telugu rights of Kabaali have not been acquired by anyone.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kiara Advani in no mood to slow down
- Gopichand takes on Chiranjeevi’s Sye Raa
- Gully Boy is India’s official entry at Oscars
- Press Note : MegaStar’s SyeRaa North America Release by SNOWFLAKE CINEMA
- Release date of Sye Raa title track announced
- Poll: Which aspect of Gaddalakonda Ganesh impressed you the most?