In a shocking development, Kollywood star Thalapathy Vijay moved the Madras High Court against his father SA Chandrashekar, mother Shobha Shekar and 9 others against using his name for their political party, All India Thalapathy Vijay Makkal Iyakkam.
Vijay urged the court seeking an injunction to restrain the 11 members of the above-mentioned political party from holding meetings using his name and photographs. A bench at the Madras High Court has adjourned the hearing to September 27.
While Vijay’s father, who had launched the party a few years ago, is acting as the General Secretary, his mother Shobha is serving as the Treasurer of the party’s executive committee. Vijay’s cousin Padmanabhan is currently serving as the party leader.
Last year, Vijay’s father had told the media that his son would be joining the party ahead of the general elections in Tamil Nadu. However, Vijay issued a press release to defy his father’s statements and clarified that he had no connection with any political party.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan all smiles at a wedding
- Fans disappointed with India’s first ever defeat to Pakistan in World Cup
- Memorable day for Rajinikanth and Dhanush fans tomorrow
- Allu Arjun watches India vs Pak match with his kids
- Sunil, Anasuya team up for an action entertainer
- Aha’s strong line-up is sure to entertain its subscribers