In a massive casting coup, the makers of legendary Tamil actor Rajinikanth’s highly-anticipated 170th film have roped in none other than the Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan for a crucial role in the movie. This massive collaboration of the two biggest stars of Indian Cinema has been confirmed by the makers this afternoon.
Amitabh and Rajini had earlier shared screen in the yesteryear Hindi cult classics such as Andhaa Kaanoon, Geraftaar and Hum. Both the stalwarts will now be joining forces to set the silver screens ablaze after nearly 32 years. Both Amitabh and Rajini share mutual respect and admiration for each other’s work, and their collaboration will surely leave millions of their fans excited.
Rajinikanth’s 170th movie will be directed by Jai Bhim fame TJ Gnanavel. Leading Tamil film production house Lyca Productions is bankrolling this humongous project. This as-yet-untitled film’s shooting will commence by July end. Stay tuned for further updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Skanda – Passable mass action entertainer
- FDFS : Highlights from Skanda
- FDFS : Highlights from Chandramukhi 2
- Animal teaser: Intense, intriguing, and Ranbir in beast mode
- Ram Pothineni’s Skanda to have part 2
- Tamil director to play a key role in Ravi Teja’s next