Amala Akkineni has been the torchbearer of animal welfare in Andhra Pradesh and as the head of Blue Cross in Hyderabad, she has been instrumental in raising awareness about animal rights. Earlier this year she made her comeback on silverscreen in Sekhar Kammula’s Life is Beautiful and surprised many by her grace. Now, another interesting aspect of her personality has come to the limelight. Apparently, Amala Akkineni has been working with kids for the past 20 years.
Recently, she was at a school in Hyderabad to teach students from class 2 and 3 about understanding animal behaviour. She was invited by TFI (Teach for India), a non-profit organization which works towards the upliftment of underprivileged kids through education. “It is important to sensitise children about animal behaviour as it will help develop a healthy curiosity towards nature. That is important to help heal the broken bond between human beings and our environment.,”Amala told a leading newspaper about her initiatives.
Hats off to Amala Akkineni for being at the forefront for such noble causes.
- Pooja Hegde reveals fun side of Akshay Kumar
- Mohanlal slammed for his insensitive comments on #MeToo movement
- Ajith to team up with his favorite director for the fifth time?
- 2.0’s producer, director donate huge for cyclone victims
- Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake wraps up first schedule