The entire country is rattled by the horrific crime and injustice caused to the Hathras girl and her family. There have been nationwide protests against the culprits and citizens from various parts of the country are blasting the incompetent leaders and police authorities.
Tollywood hero Manchu Manoj, who is always one of the very few Tollywood celebrities to respond against any injustice in the society, took to Twitter on Gandhi Jayanti and posted a couple of thought-provoking tweets condemning the atrocities on women.
Reposting Gandhi’s iconic quote about women and independence, Manoj said that there’s no point in observing Gandhi Jayanti each year by note respecting what he preached. “Is Bapu a mere design on our currency notes, a holiday every year and a dry day without alcohol? Let’s transform, boss,” the actor tweeted.
"Aadadhi ardha ratri nirbhayamga bayata tiragagaliginappude deshaniki asalaina swatantram vachinattu" ani chepparu Bapu. Patta pagalu kuda rapes jarugutunnappudu samvatsaranikosari selavichi #GandhiJayanthi wishes cheppukodamlo ardhamemundi?
— Manoj Manchu🙏🏻❤️ (@HeroManoj1) October 2, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- RRR’s release date announcement on the way?
- Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha postponed; Here’s the new release date
- Pawan’s Republic speech: Film Chamber thanks AP, TS govts
- Photo Moment: Prabhas poses with his extended family
- Akhanda locks Sankranthi release?
- I will give you a heartfelt response after MAA elections: Mohan Babu tells Pawan Kalyan