Suresh Babu has never minced words about several issues that are hampering the business of Telugu films. For a long time, he spoke about how digital service providers have been levying heavy charges on distributors and producers, and also, he stated that releasing films on streaming sites less than two months after the film’s theatrical release will hamper the business.
Now, in a recent interview, he confessed that except for big budget films, theatres are struggling to draw audiences like they used to. “Forget the salaries, we are unable to pay power bills for theatres. I’ve never been worried about my business, but first time in life I’m worrying about my theatres. It’s not just low. It has hit all-time low now. The reasons behind this are poor economy, growing popularity of streaming sites like Netflix & Amazon Prime, and lack of good films,” Suresh Babu said.
His upcoming production, Venky Mama is slated for release in December, and he will also be co-producing the Telugu remake of Asuran with Venkatesh in the lead role.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : What did you like about Pushpa’s first look?
- Nuvvu Baagundaalabbaa: Chiru wishes Allu Arjun
- It’s official: AA20 is Pushpa
- Superstar Krishna turns director for grandson’s debut film
- Pawan Kalyan’s treat during Chiru’s birthday?
- Mahesh’s next with star director confirmed?