Suresh Babu has never minced words about several issues that are hampering the business of Telugu films. For a long time, he spoke about how digital service providers have been levying heavy charges on distributors and producers, and also, he stated that releasing films on streaming sites less than two months after the film’s theatrical release will hamper the business.
Now, in a recent interview, he confessed that except for big budget films, theatres are struggling to draw audiences like they used to. “Forget the salaries, we are unable to pay power bills for theatres. I’ve never been worried about my business, but first time in life I’m worrying about my theatres. It’s not just low. It has hit all-time low now. The reasons behind this are poor economy, growing popularity of streaming sites like Netflix & Amazon Prime, and lack of good films,” Suresh Babu said.
His upcoming production, Venky Mama is slated for release in December, and he will also be co-producing the Telugu remake of Asuran with Venkatesh in the lead role.
Articles that might interest you:
- Amma Rajyamlo Kadapa Biddalu clears censors, ready for release
- Pawan’s comeback film to be launched on this date
- Payal Rajput’s comedy with Venky Mama to be hilarious
- Ala Vaikunthapuramlo teaser- Bunny’s show all the way
- Poll : Which aspect of NTR do you like the most?
- Suresh Babu super confident about Venky Mama