Punjabi actress Mahi Gill had made quite a breakthrough as Paro in Anurag Kashyap’s 2009 film, Dev D. Bollywood hailed Mahi Gill as the next big thing in Indian Cinema. However, Mahi Gill went off the radar by acting in a handful of insignificant movies.
In a latest interview with a popular news agency, Mahi Gill opened up about not making it big in Bollywood. She blamed Salman Khan’s 2010 blockbuster, Dabangg, for sinking her rising career. “Dabangg backfired big time. Producers started to offer me small roles. I felt very bad but I did not know what was happening,” Mahi said, further adding, “my career stopped at that very point.”
Mahi revealed that her career was resurrected only after acclaimed actor-filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia offered her a lead role in the Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster franchise. The franchise’s third outing is slated for release on July 27.
- Veera Bhoga Vasantha Rayalu’s intriguing trailer raises expectations
- Tarak thanks Charan and Upasana for appreciating Aravindha Sametha
- Hello Guru Prema Kosame passes censor test
- Trivikram must apologize: Rayalaseema students demand
- Aravindha Sametha registers best 1st weekend collections in NTR’s career