After the phenomenal successes in Malayalam and Telugu, the highly engaging family thriller, Drushyam, seems to have hit the bullseye even in Tamil. Today, the film’s Tamil remake, Papanasam, starring Kamal Haasan and Gauthami in the lead roles, has been released to unanimous positive response from the audiences and the critics.
Directed by Jeethu Joseph, the film’s Malayalam version’s director, Papanasam is a faithful remake of its original and Kamal’s performance as a middle-class family man has impressed his fans and critics. Going by the reports, Kamal particularly nailed the Tirunalveli accent, living up to his reputation of being a perfectionist.
Now that even the Tamil version opened to positive buzz, all eyes will now be cast on the Hindi version, which is releasing this July.
- Kajal teams up with Jayam Ravi
- “Samantha was super tensed on Sep 13,” Nag reveals
- Taapsee’s epic reply to a netizen who asked her to marry him
- Kamal Haasan urges students to join politics
- Simbu lands in trouble yet again