Kannada actor Upendra, who took a plunge into politics late last year, shocked everyone in Karnataka when he decided to resign from his own party citing differences with other party members. Soon after he submitted the resignation, he told the media that he’s going to launch yet another political party to contest in elections this year.
“I have tendered my resignation to the Karnataka Pragnyavanta Janata Party (KPJP). The mindset with which I had entered politics was not to gain power or money but to bring about a change in governance. I will soon register (with the Election Commission) my new party ‘Prajakeeya’ and contest in the upcoming state elections,” Upendra told the media.
According to several reports, the party members had disagreements over the nomination of office bearers and party candidates. On a parting note, he said, “Prajakeeya will continue to focus on having a transparent government, health, education and welfare of citizens.” We’ll have to wait and see if Upendra manages to make any real difference in Karnataka politics later this year.
- Leading production house bags RC12 theatrical rights
- Telugu filmmaker’s Chinese film gets bigger
- Irrfan Khan pens a moving note from London as he battles a rare cancer
- Versatile artiste’s key role in Mahesh25
- Don’t call my son Jr Powerstar: Renu Desai tells Pawan fans