After getting stuck into severe financial crisis, legendary actor and filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s latest release, ‘Uttama Villain’, finally hit the screens yesterday. However, the film had a Friday release in the US without any hiccups and trade circles say that the film has garnered top spot in the US among the Friday releases.
Amassing $146K, ‘Uttama Villain’ stood atop the chart pushing aside a handful international releases including Krish’s debut Bollywood film ‘Gabbar Is Back’, which stood in the second position after collecting $107K.
After releasing big across the Telugu states, Tamil Nadu and the Rest of India, ‘Uttama Villain’ acquired mixed response from the critics and the audiences alike.
Articles that might interest you:
- Aadi Saikumar opens up commercial films
- Happening young heroine keeps Chay, Dil Raju waiting
- Has Rajasekhar walked out of this project?
- Poll : Who do you think is the best choice for lady-oriented films?
- Top stunt co-ordinator gives a key update on Kamal’s role in Indian 2
- Will Krishna Vamsi bounce back with this emotional drama?