After getting stuck into severe financial crisis, legendary actor and filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s latest release, ‘Uttama Villain’, finally hit the screens yesterday. However, the film had a Friday release in the US without any hiccups and trade circles say that the film has garnered top spot in the US among the Friday releases.
Amassing $146K, ‘Uttama Villain’ stood atop the chart pushing aside a handful international releases including Krish’s debut Bollywood film ‘Gabbar Is Back’, which stood in the second position after collecting $107K.
After releasing big across the Telugu states, Tamil Nadu and the Rest of India, ‘Uttama Villain’ acquired mixed response from the critics and the audiences alike.
- FDFS : Highlights from Taxiwaala
- Taxiwaala will set a new benchmark for comedy: Vijay Deverakonda
- Kalyan Ram and Tarak wish their sister on political entry
- Keerthy Suresh ready to go de-glam on-screen
- Respect our hardwork: Taxiwaala makers