The recently released folk number ‘Digu Digu Digu Naaga’ from Naga Shaurya and Ritu Varma’s upcoming romantic entertainer, Varudu Kavalenu, has landed in a controversy. Members of the BJP Mahila Morcha have filed a complaint with the Chilukur Police against the film’s makers and popular lyricist Anantha Sriram for the derogatory portrayal of the popular devotional song.
The complainants objected to the way the “item song” demeans Naga Devatha and heroine Ritu Varma’s glamorous appearance in an otherwise devotional song. The complainants also demanded the makers to immediately remove the song from social media, as it hurts the sentiments of Hindus. Meanwhile, Varudu Kavalenu’s team is yet to respond on the controversy.
Articles that might interest you:
- Keerthy Suresh’s mom Menaka gives her a pleasant surprise
- Official: Most Eligible Bachelor gets a new release date
- Love Story’s 2-day Nizam share; Solid run continues
- What’s the point of being called Power Star without power?: Pawan Kalyan
- Sai Dharam Tej is still lying in coma: Pawan Kalyan
- Suriya to team up with this star director