Hero Venkatesh is all set to offer back-to-back movie treats to his fans. His Narappa and Drushyam 2 are gearing up for digital premiere on Amazon Prime Video and Disney Hotstar respectively. As part of Narappa’s promotions, Venky interacted with the Telugu film media yesterday.
Incidentally, both Narappa and Drushyam 2 are remakes of critically acclaimed Tamil hit Asuran and Mollywood film Drishyam 2. And in his 3 decade old career, Venkatesh has remade several Tamil films in Telugu and scored super hits.
During his media interaction, Venky looked back at his successful remakes. He said that movies like Sundarakanda, Chanti, Chinarayudu, Abbaigaru, etc were all remakes and ended up being super hits. Venky said that he is always open to playing interesting roles and that it doesn’t matter if he had to remake a film.
Venky further said that he looks at his compatibility towards the role, and whether the script is engaging enough. The senior hero is also unperturbed by the comparisons with the original and said that he is always game to take those comparisons in the right spirit.
Articles that might interest you:
- Monal Gajjar bags a big item number?
- I’ll forever feel guilty to be alive: Yashika Anand’s tearful goodbye to her friend
- After Bollywood, Nabha Natesh to debut in Kollywood
- Akira’s Bo Staff video makes fans recollect vintage Pawan memories
- Maruthi wants to do an animation film with Allu Arjun
- Nagarjuna to enter jam-packed Sankranthi race?