Veteran director and politician Dasari Narayana Rao came down heavily on the selection process before adjudging the Padma awards. Speaking at the felicitation ceremony of senior artistes Kaikala Satyanarayana and Jamuna organized by Movie Artiste’s Association (MAA), the veteran filmmaker said that it’s a pity that stalwart actors like SVR, Savithri, Anjali Devi, Kaikala Satyanarayana and Jamuna never got a Padma award.
Dasari further said that governments these days are giving away the Padma awards to those who lobby heavily and without considering the merit of deserving artistes. Dasari went on to say that Padma awards have lost their credibility as they are being given to undeserving candidates.
- Poll: Which of these recent biggies disappointed you the most?
- Nikhil, Lavanya’s Arjun Suravaram gets a new release date
- Leading distributor acquires Arjun Suravaram’s Nizam rights
- Bollywood heroine to play Jayalalithaa in Thalaivi
- Tamannaah signs back-to-back horror films in Telugu and Tamil
- We want a citizen’s voice in the Parliament: Prakash Raj