Vijay Devarakonda became the talk of the town after he stunned everyone with his performance in Arjun Reddy, and the actor was flooded with offers from Telugu and Tamil film industry. Apparently, he had made up his mind to not do a Tamil film until he learnt the language, but he was quite impressed when Anand Shankar narrated the story of NOTA.
Talking about how the film materialized, Vijay said, “Just after the release of Arjun Reddy, producer Gnanavel Raja brought me this script and was after me to give it a listen. He told me it’s from a very talented director called Anand Shankar. Even though I wasn’t interested in doing a Tamil film, I decided to listen to the script for his sake. When I heard it the first time, it was after a tiring day of shoot and I remember telling Anand that he should narrate it again on a day when I’m not so tired and feeling zoned out. He agreed and we met after a week and this time when I heard the script, I immediately jumped at the opportunity.”
The film has already been launched and it is expected to release in Telugu and Tamil later this year. Mehreen is the lead actress in this political drama.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bunny is all praise for Evaru
- Want to see Prabhas as an international star: Krishnam Raju
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 18-08-2019
- Adivi Sesh thanks Nag, Bunny and Samantha
- Bellamkonda Sai Srinivas’ brother all set for acting debut
- Fans of all heroes always want Prabhas’ success: Rajamouli