Vijay Devarakonda became the talk of the town after he stunned everyone with his performance in Arjun Reddy, and the actor was flooded with offers from Telugu and Tamil film industry. Apparently, he had made up his mind to not do a Tamil film until he learnt the language, but he was quite impressed when Anand Shankar narrated the story of NOTA.
Talking about how the film materialized, Vijay said, “Just after the release of Arjun Reddy, producer Gnanavel Raja brought me this script and was after me to give it a listen. He told me it’s from a very talented director called Anand Shankar. Even though I wasn’t interested in doing a Tamil film, I decided to listen to the script for his sake. When I heard it the first time, it was after a tiring day of shoot and I remember telling Anand that he should narrate it again on a day when I’m not so tired and feeling zoned out. He agreed and we met after a week and this time when I heard the script, I immediately jumped at the opportunity.”
The film has already been launched and it is expected to release in Telugu and Tamil later this year. Mehreen is the lead actress in this political drama.
Articles that might interest you:
- Teaser for Rajinikanth’s Peddanna to be in a few hours
- Samantha: Will definitely do more Hindi projects
- Satyadev chills with Akshay Kumar on the sets of Ram Setu
- Bigg Boss 5 – Tough fight between these two for elimination
- Not male but a female star to grace Varudu Kavalenu event
- Ram Charan’s RC15 gets underway