A couple of months ago, when the film’s first look was unveiled, it was officially revealed that Tamil star Vijay’s upcoming film, Sarkar, is a political drama. Needless to say, comparisons were inevitable between this highly-anticipated Diwali biggie and Superstar Mahesh Babu’s summer hit, Bharat Ane Nenu.
Now the latest buzz is that Vijay will be seen as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu in Sarkar. This buzz will draw more comparisons between Vijay’s role and Mahesh’s role as the CM in BAN. We will have to wait until Diwali to witness how Sarkar’s story and Vijay’s character unfold.
Oscar-winning music composer AR Rahman is scoring the soundtrack for Sarkar. Keerthy Suresh is the leading lady in this high-budget entertainer. AR Murugadoss is the director and Sun Pictures banner is bankrolling the movie.
- Nagarjuna makes a solid statement on ANR biopic
- Bollywood star Ranveer Singh all set for Tollywood debut
- Varun Tej, Harish Shankar film launch date is here
- Nikhil gets angry over Mudra’s copyright infringement
- National award-winning Tamil actor confirms his role in RRR