Ever since the theatrical trailer of Vijay’s upcoming film Bigil was unveiled, fans of the actor have been going gaga over Vijay’s screen presence and rich production values of the film. Directed by Atlee, the film has Vijay playing dual roles including that of a women’s football team coach, and it has been produced by AGS Entertainment banner.
Incidentally, in a recent interview, Archana Kalapathi, the creative producer of the film, revealed that the film has been made with a staggering budget of Rs 180 crores. Since Atlee wanted a big span for the film, the makers left no stone unturned to make it as grand as possible. Moreover, the team had to erect massive sets to shoot the football matches, and special equipment had to be procured from foreign countries to shoot such sequences.
This is the biggest budgeted Tamil film, so far, other than Rajinikanth or Shankar’s films. However, the makers are confident that the film will have an universal appeal and attract audiences all over South India and overseas territories. The film will release in Telugu later this month and it has been titled as Whistle.
Articles that might interest you:
- No stopping Mohan Lal- Begins a new film
- Star heroine’s re-entry in Pawan’s next becomes a hot topic
- It’s a festival release for Sumanth’s Kapatadhaari
- Director trashes heroine rumors of Suriya’s next
- Yet another star hero heads to Dubai for vacation
- The basic backdrop of Nani’s Ante Sundaraniki revealed