Malayalam teen sensation Priya Prakash Varrier and Omar Lulu, director of the much-talked-about Malayalam film, Oru Adaar Love, have moved the Supreme Court, requesting a stay on the FIR filed against the director in Hyderabad. It’s been reported earlier that several members of the Muslim community had filed a complaint with the Falaknama Police, alleging that the Manikya Malaraya Poovi song in Oru Adaar Love hurts their religious sentiments.
Priya and Omar Lulu have also requested the apex court to restrain people from other states from registering FIRs against them. In their petition, Priya and Omar Lulu said that as artists, they have the right to express themselves in a lawful manner.
Priya and Omar have also clarified that the Manikya Malaraya Poovi song has been popular in Kerala for the last 4 decades and that the song only praises the love between the Prophet Mohamed and his first wife Khadeeja. Oru Adaar Love is slated for release during Eid later this year.
- Bellamokonda Sreenivas gets trolled for his Twitter post
- Creative director in search of his lead cast
- Manoj releases a statement regarding his honor killing video
- NTR spotted spending lonely time in Milan
- Despite mixed response, Sarkar’s Simtaangaran storms YouTube