Malayalam teen sensation Priya Prakash Varrier and Omar Lulu, director of the much-talked-about Malayalam film, Oru Adaar Love, have moved the Supreme Court, requesting a stay on the FIR filed against the director in Hyderabad. It’s been reported earlier that several members of the Muslim community had filed a complaint with the Falaknama Police, alleging that the Manikya Malaraya Poovi song in Oru Adaar Love hurts their religious sentiments.
Priya and Omar Lulu have also requested the apex court to restrain people from other states from registering FIRs against them. In their petition, Priya and Omar Lulu said that as artists, they have the right to express themselves in a lawful manner.
Priya and Omar have also clarified that the Manikya Malaraya Poovi song has been popular in Kerala for the last 4 decades and that the song only praises the love between the Prophet Mohamed and his first wife Khadeeja. Oru Adaar Love is slated for release during Eid later this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Crazy folks song to be a part of Pawan Kalyan’s next?
- Rhea posts a memorable message on Sushanth’s death anniversary
- One year passes away-Sushanth’s death still a mystery
- Vakeel Saab girl all set to announce two movies
- Chay and Samantha to resume shooting from next week
- Samantha agrees to resume Shaakuntalam