There have been plenty of changes in Tamil film industry ever since Vishal took over as its President. Among many new initiatives, the actor has issued a diktat that actors shouldn’t attend any award ceremony which doesn’t contribute a part of its revenue to the actors’ association.
Adhering to this diktat, several Tamil film actors skipped the recent Filmfare awards event, which was held in Hyderabad. Now, Vishal has thanked the likes of Nayanthara, Karthi, Simbu, and Khusbu and few others for honouring the new policy and respecting the Nadigar Sangam’s sentiments. In fact, Nayanthara was supposed to grace the ceremony to accept the Best Actress award for her performance in Arram.
“I sincerely thank @NayantharaU @Karthi_Offl #simbu @khushsundar n other friends for understanding the associations sentiments and policy and not attending the award function though they were winners. Big thanks. This iniatitive is just to generate money for our senior artistes pension gb,” Vishal posted on Twitter.
- Pawan Kalyan felicitates his school teachers
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods
- Bollywood star thrilled to share screen space with Nagarjuna
- Varma’s teaser hints at a faithful remake of Arjun Reddy
- Poll : What did you think of Varma’s teaser? ((Arjun Reddy remake)