Vishnu Manchu’s political drama, Voter, has been delayed for the last couple of years. The film is directed by Karthik Reddy and produced by Sudheer Pudhota. Even as the film is finally getting ready for its release later this summer, it has now landed in a huge legal mess, with Vishnu sending notice to both Karthik Reddy and Sudheer.
In the notice, Vishnu Manchu’s legal representative alleged that Karthik Reddy had approached Vishnu to acquire the rights to some of the scenes and plot points in the story of the actor’s father Mohan Babu’s iconic political drama, Assembly Rowdy. Apparently, Karthik told Vishnu that Voter’s script has several similarities with Assembly Rowdy and even assured the actor of paying Rs 1.50 crores to acquire Assembly Rowdy’s story rights before.
Even though Voter is gearing up for release, neither Karthik Reddy nor Sudheer Pudhota have made any payment to Vishnu till date. This left the Manchu hero with no option but to move the court. We will have to wait for Karthik and Sudheer’s versions regarding the case.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mahesh to romance this Bollywood actress again?
- Sizzling on-screen chemistry between Akhil and Pooja
- Unique feat: Keerthy Suresh to reprise her mother’s role in a crazy remake
- Post divorce, Kotha Bangaru Lokam actress hopes to find love again
- Shraddha Kapoor’s latest statement on her marriage
- Brahmanandam to leave the audience in tears in this special film